Sunday, April 09, 2006

Knights In Shining Bodice

Driving home Sunday night I went past a vehicle I recognized, but in passing the person in the car didn't look like who I thought it was... so I kept going. The car was out on Sarnia, just in front of East Lake Apt, where I was headed, so after making a delivery to Tami (she wanted Noodles from Rochester) I went back out the driveway where I could get another look at the car, and sure enough it was Rob, but his hair was shorter, so it didn't look like him the first time. I stopped and offered my help which ended up being a call to my Da (to see if he knew what was wrong with the car), calling my sister out of her apt to bring us a wrench & pliers, and offering to use of my AAA card (which covers me in any vehicle-). After working for abit he told me he was going to call his Dad and then go to his friends apt at East Lake, so I left to go home and unpack my car from the weekend. About 15 minutes later Rob calls and asks if I can come back to help him try something and to call AAA. At this time Amanda was on her way over to DDR, so I called her back and asked if she wanted to partake of an adventure, she jumped at the chance. I grabbed my chips and salsa from Chipotle and drove over. We called AAA, they predicted the tow truck would be there in the hour, and we sat on the sidewalk with chips and salsa having our own little picnic! The truck showed up 20 minutes later, the same time Becky showed up with "Dunkers" (really good bread covered in butter and garlic best eaten with soup from the Winona Sandwich Company). Rob, Amanda, and myself dived into the bag retrieving one for ourselves while we waited for the car to be hoisted. Amanda ran over and offered one to the tow truck driver (his name was Ken), he told her to put it in the cab of his truck, so Amanda took a whole bag of them and put them in there. After getting the car to Rob's house we decided we needed to go out for a celebratory ice cream! Amanda scared Rob's roommate Tim (he's very conservative, and Amanda... well... she just isn't!) We went to Dairy Queen, and much fun was had eating ice cream and talking!! (We were joking how we were Rob's knights in shining armor, but thinking about it longer I decided we'd look so much cooler in a shiny bodice!) After dropping everyone off I got another chance to talk to Otto!

As for today...
I work, then work some more, then go to Gundersen Lutheran, come back to Winona to eat at Prime Steak & Cake (ewwiness!) for our bowling banquet, then probably end up coming home in time to crash for the night... Sounds like a wonderful day, huh? Don't you wish you had my life?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home