Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tuesday

I'm going to try a new layout. I'll start titling sections making it easier to find information. This seemed like a good idea to me, but that was when I was slamming a 20 oz Mint Mocha from Mugby! (yum Mugby!)

Work:
() Today the little girl I work with in Preschool forgot her implant. (it's something they can take off and on to keep from frying the circuits. Cochlear Implant) So, today was especially difficult because she couldn't hear anything at all. We had to rely mainly on the use of her signs and other nonverbals. She did a great job! Since she's received her implant we've been teaching her to speak; today she was so talkative. Every other minute I kept getting, "Wait, Go, Stop", to name a few. Hopefully tomorrow she comes to Preschool wearing it! Makes my job easier!! () Also, work related, while I was in HVED today I stopped to talk to one of the administrators in the office. She asked if I was going for my Certification in Sign Language. I told her the only way I would be able to go for my certification was if I was offered a full-time position as an interpreter. In which case she informed me that during a meeting earlier today they were discussing the need for two new full-time interpreters for next year. She promised that when they posted it she would send me an email to make sure I was aware and received a chance to apply! I was so excited!! Now, hopefully I get one of those two positions!!!

Plans:
() Not too long ago Rob S. sent me the address for Amy P., who is in Africa for the next 2 years for the PeaceCore teaching. I plan on writing her a letter and then send some copied of Time Magazine. She requested things to read, I figured she could get good use out of them! I'll put a small package together and then try to get a chance to stop at the post office tomorrow an send it off! () Someone should buy me a new laptop, but I would accept and new desktop as well... I'm not biased, I just ask that is be fast and have awesome graphics! Anyone want to volunteer to purchase me a sweet machine? () Celebrating my Da's 59th birthday this weekend, any suggestions? I know, he's getting old! :) () I really need to work on Becky's graduation present, it'll take me awhile to get it all together. I believe I have everything needed to complete it, I just need the time to sit down and finish it! () I think I'm going to repot my plant. I bought a small bag of Miracle Grow potting soil, and even a bigger pot. Oh! And a shovel! Mum, you can return the one we bought a couple weekends ago, I decided I didn't want to wait until I got a chance to bring it home.

Random: () Lately I spent a good chunk of time revising Becky's senior article. 43 pages of utter joy! Don't get me wrong, I love being able to help her out, but I get very meticulous when it comes to this sort of thing. I am happy to say I finished and it was very much appreciated! () On Sunday Otto's Mom sent me an Easter Basket. Super cool! Jelly beans, chocolate, and fun Easter grass!

The Bunny Song from Veggie Tales!

The bunny, the bunny, oh, I ate the bunny
I didn't eat my soup or my bread, just the bunny
The bunny, the bunny, oh, I ate the bunny
And now I'm feelin' sick in the head from the bunny.

I didn't eat my salad, I didn't eat my steak
I had too much candy, got a tummy ache!
I need to eat good food to help me to grow
I'll obey my momma, 'cause she loves me so!

Yeah, I'll go to church! And I'll go to school!
That stuff is important, and I ain't no fool!

I don't want no pickles, I don't want no honey
I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny!
I don't want to tell you a joke that is funny
I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny!
I don't want a tissue when my nose is runny
I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny!
I don't want to play on a day that is sunny
I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny!

The bunny, the bunny, oh, I ate the bunny
I didn't eat my soup or my bread, just the bunny
The bunny, the bunny, oh, I ate the bunny
And now I'm feelin' sick in the head from the bunny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home